Friday, July 1, 2011

Busy, busy, busy!

Whoa! I can't believe it has been a month since my last post. Now another holiday weekend is upon us. All I can say is that this summer has been busy, but in a good way.

I've done some solo antique shopping in Lewisburg, WV and found some gorgeous, vintage fabrics and antique sewing notions to bring home. Mom and I took the little ladies to a huge quilt show in Columbus organized by the National Quilting Association. And I've had several weekend getaways to step away from my sewing machine and gain a little perspective while getting some much needed sunshine with my crew.

So, I've got loads of inspiration and so many project ideas in my head. But I've also managed quite a bit of time in my studio as well because I have a DEADLINE!

I'll be sharing some of my fabric designs and latest projects for Marietta's Merchant and Artist Walk on Friday, July 8, from 6 to 9 p.m. Teri Ann's at 290 Front Street has graciously offered to host my work for the evening. The ladies at Teri Ann's are incredible, so I'm excited just to spend some time with them amongst their closet of luxe ladies' wear. But I am anxious to get some feedback on the fabrics, dresses and the "Arrow-Fold" napkins I've designed.



Here is a sneak peek of one thing I'll be bringing that night. I whipped up some fabric flower pins out of the Honeysuckle Rose fabric. I'll have a few things for sale, so please stop by to say hello—I'd love to hear your ideas on ways to use custom fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment